Please Subscribe �� Youtube Channel



King Jahangir wrote about "Bagh & Talab kairana"



King Jahangir wrote about "Bagh & Talab" :
On, Sunday, the 16th, I marched from delhi, and on Friday the 21st, halted in the pargana of Kairana, This pargana is the native place of Muqarrab K. Its climate is equable and its soil good. . Muqarrab had made buildings and gardens there. As I had 'often heard praise of his garden, I wished much to see it. On Saturday, the 22nd, I and my ladies were much pleased in going round it Truly, it is a very fine and enjoyable garden. Within a masonry (pukhta, pucca) wall, flower-beds have been laid out to the extent of 140 bighas. In the middle of the garden he has constructed a pond, in length 220 yards, and in breadth 200 yards. In the middle of the pond is a miih-tiib terrace (for use in moonlight) 22 yardssquare.There is no kind of tree belonging to a warm or cold climate that is not to be found in it. Of fruit-bearing trees belonging to Persia I saw green pistachio-trees, and .cypresses of graceful form, such as I have never seen before. I ordered the cypresses to be counted, and they came to 300. All round the pond suitable buildings have been begun and are in progress.(Tuzuk-i-Jahangiri or memoirs of Jahangir,Tanslated by Alexander Rogers, Atlantic publisher, Drya ganj, New delhi-2, page112, v2)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

My Facebook